Customer Call Representative, Retail Operations
Frontier Utilities is Texas owned and operated with main offices in Houston and Dallas. Frontier Utilities is a rapidly growing marketer of natural gas and electricity to homes and businesses in Texas, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Illinois. The company is privately owned, and was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas with about 100 employees. Frontier’s company culture is performance-driven, solutions-oriented, collegial, rewarding, open and fun. Our company and our outstanding employees are committed to giving back to our communities through charitable giving and volunteering.
Our mission is to create superior value and satisfaction for our customers, employees, communities and investors through the sale and supply of energy and related services. We execute our mission through the highest standards for service, innovation, integrity and financial performance within a supportive, collegial, and solutions-oriented work environment
Title: Customer Call Representative, Retail Operations
Reports to: Supervisor, Retail Operations, Call Center Fulfillment Services
This position is responsible for assisting customers over the phone with various inquires including but not limited to payments on account, service issues, account review and any other issues that may arise. This position will also be responsible for informing customers of the product features and terms, and customer account / dispute resolution. This role will interact with cross-functional teams - pricing, sales, customer service, and finance to research and resolve system, billing and customer inquiries.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Research account status, identify and resolve or assign account issues
- Address billing inquiries and resolve billing disputes
- Process disconnection and reconnection requests
- Enroll customers and resolve enrollment issues
- Provide price quotes to prospective customers
- Perform initial collection activity on past due accounts
- Process disconnection and reconnection requests
- Respond to email and correspondence inquiries
- Customer account problem solving and fulfillment
- Answer incoming customer service calls
- Perform basic account maintenance activities.
- Ensure compliance of company policies, adhere to PUC regulations
- Meet Quality Assurance Requirements and other key performance metrics.
- Preferred bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Good interpersonal, written, oral communication and data entry skills
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum 1 year of customer service experience required.
- Good listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
- Must possess and professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone andcolleagues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and online databases.
- Good problem-solving and customer service skills
- Attention to detail.
- Minimum typing speed of 25+ wpm.
- Capability to follow an issue through to conclusion
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle a high stress environment
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
- Confident and articulate individual who is a team player and works well with other desks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a cohesive and clear manner
- Motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within Company
- Understanding of business processes within sales / fulfillment
Interested candidates may apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line, please include the position for which you are applying and include your name.
Note: Frontier Utilities is an EEO employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Frontier Utilities participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Frontier Utilities is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Frontier Utilities via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Frontier Utilities in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Frontier Utilities. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Frontier Utilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities