Focus on having fun this summer rather than worrying about your electricity bill
Summer is here and we often find ourselves indoors avoiding the sun’s strong beams. When it comes to summer, it should be about having fun, and not having to worry about your electric bill.
Some electricity savings tips can be a no-brainer, but it’s never a bad idea to create better habits that may benefit you in the end.
Here are 6 tips on how you could save energy.
1. Turn on Fans and don’t just rely on ACRemember, fans may not cool the room but it may cool you off when you’re home. Try cranking up the AC just a bit and turn on fans instead to keep you cool. This could help you save some kWh.
2. Remember to shut the blindsThis is one of those “no-brainer” electricity savings tips, but one we may tend to forget about the most. Remember to close your blinds during the daytime, especially if you’re home as this could help keep your home cooler.
3. Wash clothes at night“About 10 percent of a home’s total electricity use goes to washing and drying clothes,” says Noah Horowitz, senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council. Have you noticed when you dry clothes your home may tend to get warmer? Try washing and drying clothes at night when outside temperatures are lower. This could help you avoid lowering the thermostat and using more electricity.
4. Unplug appliances that are not in use Vampires don’t just come around Halloween time, and by vampires we mean the sneaky ones that still suck electricity through devices that are left plugged in when not in use. It’s simple—unplug them! Keeping multiple devices on energy strips can help you quickly switch off devices before you leave the house.
5. Use your Thermostat wisely Thermostats have come a long way over the years! Try scheduling different temperatures on different times of the day to potentially help you save electricity. Many smart thermostats have scheduling systems now that can automatically adjust the temperature to how you program it. Chances are, if it’s cooler at night, you don’t need the thermostat set at the same temperature you had it during the daytime.
6. Sign up for a fixed electricity plan with Frontier Utilities!Frontier has a variety of plans to choose from that fit your needs. Find out more about the different plans we offer at https://newenroll.frontierutilities.com/