You may be thinking… “Well, I won’t be home, so how can I save money when I’m not there?” You came to the right place. With just a couple of adjustments, your home will be saving you money that in turn, gives you and your family a little more “fun money” while you’re on summer vacation. Check out these 5 quick surefire tips before you step out the door for your next trip!
- Say it louder for the people in the back: TURN YOUR AC OFF! We’re sure you know this, but it’s nice to be reminded of the little things right? If you have a smart thermostat, you’re in luck. If you forget to turn it off before you leave or want to turn it on right before you step back in so it’s nice and cool for your arrival, you can control it via your mobile device.
- Never forget about those energy vampires. Even if your devices are set to off, they’re still sucking energy while on “standby”. See our whole spiel on these energy suckers and how much you can save by just unplugging them: http://bit.ly/DefeatTheEnergyVampires
- Turn your lights off. We understand the safety benefits for leaving the lights on in your living areas while you’re not home, but what about when it’s not nighttime? If you’re unable to set your home’s lighting on a timer via a smart home system, here’s a good hack: buy 2 lamps and 2 smart outlet plugs. Set both lamps on opposite sides of the living areas so they can light up majority of the rooms and set both of them on a schedule. This will not only save you quite a bit of money, but it’ll give you peace of mind.
- Close Your Blinds. Piggybacking on the tip above, this will also steer away curious eyes away from your home. Since you’re already turning your AC off, there’s no need to let in more heat in via sunlight unless you want to come back to a stuffy house.
- Clean the Fridge Out. Take the opportunity to tidy up the fridge before you leave. Chances are, whatever is left (i.e. condiments) won’t need freezing cold temps to stay preserved. Another alternative, although a bit trickier, is to simply unplug it while you’re gone. If you choose this route, be sure to leave the doors open so it doesn’t start to smell and mold.
As if these tips weren’t enough, we have one more bonus way to take your saving even further! Check out our low rates today before they hit that summer spike. Once you found the rate fit for your needs, lock it in! See what rates are available for your area and sign up today: http://bit.ly/SecureYourRateToday